Monday, November 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

OK, so Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK, which means I may be a little late getting to this, but I'm hoping for a little grace since this is my first attempt at managing this blog.

I would love for y'all to post some of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes (I'm still trying to decide what to take to my in-laws!) or your favorite Thanksgiving traditions in your house.  Also, feel free to post anything you're particularly thankful for this year.

I found an activity I'm going to use with my boys (Boyd - 6, Randy - 4) this year.  We will have a tree on a brown sheet of paper (the trunk and branches).  Then, I'm going to cut out leaves in fall colors.  The boys are going to write things they are thankful for on each leaf, and we're going to glue the leaves to the tree to make a Thanksgiving tree.  (I also thought this idea would be cute if you had the body of a turkey and cut out "turkey feathers" for the kids to write on.  Then, you could make a Thanksgiving turkey!)

How about you?  Any ideas, recipes, or traditions you'd like to share?

Toni Cowan

No comments:

Post a Comment