Sunday, February 12, 2012

I Promise, They Don't Bite

Last week was the first official co-op interest meeting for the 2012-2013 school year (can you believe it is already time to start planning for that?).  There are MANY great classes on the agenda, and I am excited to see how the offerings turn out for my boys.  I have one kid in elementary, one in middle school, and one in high school, so I will benefit in many ways from the involvement and sacrifice that so many of you that will be making in order to assist next year.

One of the areas that was highlighted as needing additional assistance is with the teenagers, high school in particular.  It was mentioned that night, but bears repeating again--this group of ReACHE students is phenomenal.  I have been around teenagers in a ministry capacity for years, and none hold a candle to these that are involved right now.  And to be honest, until I had a kid this age, I really didn't think about getting involved in any capacity with this age group, because I had enough on my plate with my younger ones.  But, as Kim Lepone pointed out so well at the meeting, we all have a story, and a history, and a faith that needs to be shared, and it just might be that your time and place to begin doing that is through co-ops next year.  There are many opportunities, including one-time only classes.  Just think about it...these are some of the amazing kiddos you could be encouraged by (taken during a recent dissection class in my garage--this month's specimen--a clam):

A little apprehensive, but good sports nonetheless

Abby enjoys the dissections a little too much.  She named her clam Gertrude.

This was the closest Callie got to that clam.

Such concentration

Poor, poor clam
 Posted by: C.Miley



No comments:

Post a Comment