Monday, November 7, 2011

Oh, and Your Girls Are Modest, Too.

My husband has been a student minister for a long time.  Almost as long as we have been married.  We have lived in many places and served in churches of all sizes.  One thing that I have progressively seen is the continual decline in manners and attitudes and morals and behavior in kids/teenagers.  All it takes is a few minutes in the presence of a group of average kids for me to begin to seriously consider packing my family up and moving to some isolated area where my kids won't be negatively influenced.  I know, not very practical or realistic, but still...

That being said, I have had the privilege of hanging out with some of your kids for the last few days.  I've been on a field trip, and a birthday party, and co-op classes, and play practice.  I am so impressed and encouraged by being around your children.  They are silly, but not frivolous.  Confident, but not selfish.  They are polite, but not doormats or wall flowers.  Their Facebook statuses are not consumed with relationship statuses or drama.  You are doing something right, and it is noticeable.  Thank you.

Seriously, thank you.

Posted by: C. Miley

No comments:

Post a Comment